Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thanks, Mom!



I have vivid memories of my birthdays when I was young and specifically of the cakes my mom made. Each year, for each of the four of us girls, she made a cake that was specific to our tastes at the time, be it a princess cake or Disney character. I clearly remember watching her make the cakes and thinking to myself how I couldn't wait until I got to do the same for my kids.

Well, the time has come! Tomorrow we celebrate F's 2nd birthday and so last night and tonight I spent making him a cake. He loves Spongebob Squarepants (not our first choice, but what can we do!) so that's what he's getting tomorrow night. A Spongebob themed party complete with pizza, cake and lots of friends to party with. We'll also be bringing in cupcakes to his daycare class.

They say what goes around comes around, and this time I'm thrilled with what has come my way! Happy Birthday to our first foster son, a boy full of sweetness and energy who loves to laugh, is a good friend to his buddies at daycare, and who we will always remember. May this year bring stability, unconditional love and family to your little life. We love you!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Becky!!! I love you! That cake rocks!! You are such a wonderful mum and so talented. I'm so thrilled to see God putting your giftings to good use as you care for these children! : )

p.s. way to go Grandmama Kerr - you've done a great job raising such lovely & talented daughters!