Monday, August 25, 2008

Quick Weekend

Friday found me leaving work early so we could hit the road for a quick trip home to Massachusetts. J was excited to go see the state where Mike and I grew up and especially to meet Mike's family. We stayed at Mom & Dad's place in Spencer where they took excellent care of us...fried eggs and omeletts each morning, laundry service, and lots of hugs and kisses for the kids. They're amazing people. Saturday the famiy had a cookout at Art & Kelly's new house. I think this was the first time in about a year that everyone was together, all the siblings, spouses and kids along with Mom and Dad. It was a great time! My mom joined us as well. Unbenownst to us, they had decided to have a birthday party for F, who shares his birthday with Mike's sister, Kelly. They had gifts for him and Mom made a cake. J held F as we all sang happy birthday to him and helped him blow out his candles. The look on his face as he watched us all singing to him was absolutely priceless. Well, what I could see of it anyway through my tears! I was so touched to see the family love on these kids as if they've always been a part of our family. I am truly blessed by a wonderful group of in-laws!

We kept forgetting to take pictures (and couldn't post ones of the kids here anyway), but all in all, it was a great weekend away. We were happy to see that the leaves in central MA are already starting to change for the fall. I can't wait to be up there again in September and October to see the progression of my favorite season!

Back to work for me this week as Mike enjoys another week home with J. Please keep us in your thoughts as we're still trying to fully kick the sinus infection and colds that are going around between the four of us.

No comments: