(pictured here, Orilus after receiving his trophy)Those of you who know me well know of my deep love for my family, and especially for my nephews. Last year, my (now 11 year old) nephew Orilus, underwent a bone marrow transplant in hopes to heal his Sickle Cell Anemia, a blood-disease that caused him much pain, lots of trips to the doctor and meds and prevented him from partaking in normal physical activity. After undergoing chemotherapy, the transplant (the marrow was donated by his younger brother, Jackson), long weeks of being contained in a hospital room with only his mom and the nurses for company, then a long stretch of many months sequestered inside his house while his body built back it's immune system, he is now completely healed. He has experienced a huge miracle of God's healing and grace. Mike and I were blessd to be able to live next door to my sister and her family as they went through the transplant...they are all positive people who strive to love the Lord, each other and others with all of their might. I love them dearly and miss them all terribly, especially when they reach milestones like the one that happened this past week.
Please read about it on my sister's blog...I could never do it justice as I wasn't there to participate in a huge night for Orilus. I'm so proud to call him my nephew, to have he and Jackson in our family, and to be sisters with the most amazing mother I know. It's times like these that my heart truly aches to be living next door to them again so I would be there for every moment like this. I miss them so.
Read about Orilus taking second place in his first 5K last week here: http://www.teamwinchell.blogspot.com/
May the life of that little 11 year old boy inspire you and urge you on in your faith this week. We serve a God who still works real life miracles!
No comments:
Post a Comment