Friday, August 21, 2009

And We're Back!


After a pretty long stand-by, some tough months and a lot of growth, the Andrejczyk family blog is back online! Since I last posted, our family has experienced some huge changes, none of which were particularly easy, but which all have led to a stronger family unit. And for that we are grateful. Michael and I have unearthed a deeper level of love and commitment than we've ever known before. We continue to build a beautiful marriage relationship based on grace and faith and honesty and tenderness and loads of patience and forgiveness...which, really, is what love is all about. The fruits of the time that we took and continue to take to focus on each other is evident in our renewed marriage. And it shows in the ways our family is growing: our little foster son Na'Im joined us on January 12 and brings us more joy every day than we've ever known. He brings us the possibility of a permanent family and of a larger family, and of course, lots of questions and red tape to get through with the state's system.

And so, we decided to renew our blogging. Or, rather, I decided after much prompting from Erin to start blogging again (thanks, Erin!). I do it as much for my readers as for myself: it's a good place to document our life together and events, as well as keeping others up to speed. I hope you find the blog interesting and informative, but also encouraging. Miracles do happen...I see it in my nephew's renewed life, in my beautiful neice who already has a fighter's spirit, I saw it as I coached my sister through her first labor and watched as my nephew emerged into the world. I see a miracle in my marriage that survived the worst storm and in the family we are building with hope. It is with this hope that we press forward, eyes heavenward, holding on to each other, and never looking down.

We're back in a whole new way!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah! I am soooo glad you are back. Not that I'm a blogger, but I love reading yours and feeling connected :)

You bring tears of joy to my eyes as I read this entry and am so happy to see love and grace abound!

....and do you have red hair?!?!?! I LOVE it!
lots of big hugs!
Amanda

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I've been stalking you on facebook in your bloggy absence.
This entry is a wonderful start to a collection of recordings of God's faithfulness to your family!
AND I love the new look!

Jason DeStratis said...

ahhh Yeah! I love seeing your happy family!

Sara said...

Welcome Back A's!!!! So blessed and glad to see all that the Lord is doing in you and through you!!!

Jenny said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited you are back at it.

I love you guys so much.