Things we're getting used to again without kids in the house:
-Both of us being able to sleep in on a Saturday morning.
-Going out for dinner at 8pm.
-Looking around the restaurant and realizing we're back in the DINK category (double income, no kids) and that we can just be seated, no scurrying for a highchair, finding somewhere for the diaper bag, ordering off the kids' menu...
-Getting used to the silence in the house. This could be the worst part so far.
-Less laundry. A LOT less!
-Realizing that we have the whole day/weekend ahead of us with nothing to do.
-Missing having little people in our arms and little soft cheeks to kiss.
And so much more.
3 comments:
My dear sister...what an amazing mom you were! We're going to miss the kids, too...we were hoping to see them again. I'm so sorry for all of the sadness. It reminds me of the paradox of Scripture: "Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it cannot produce much fruit." So, too, you have sacrificed, and died to long-term reward or gain. And now you must trust that your work will produce much fruit. They both will always know what it was to be hugged, and kissed, and laughed with, and brought on vacation (will they ever forget getting rained out of that tent?). You showed them swimming and camping and where to go in Camden for support (yay for UP!). You showed them love. And love always, always leaves its mark. Man, am I proud of you guys. Be well this weekend. Love you.
Becky and Mike,
Missy said what I am feeling - you are amazing! And you have made an impression on those kids that will always be there.
I got this quote in email yesterday and it fits here,
"It is folly to conclude that a thing ought not to be done because it hurts. There are powers to be born, creations to be perfected, sinners to be redeemed all through the ministry of pain, that could be born, perfected and redeemed in no other way." ~George Macdonald
My heart hurts for you! 'cause I love you so much, and the kids too.
Mom
Wow Ro, I am just catching up now. I am sorry to be so out of the loop for a little while here.
Your strength and heart amaze me always. You're an amazing woman! I love you so much.
Post a Comment