Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Entering the World of Parent-Hood!

Yup, that's right! Today we accepted two of the most lovely children into our home and family! We now have a ten year old girl and 22 month old boy who joined us after being court-ordered out of their mother's custody and into DYFS's today. The children really are lovely kids, such sweet spirits and so kind to each other, even after such a traumatic day. We know emotions are going to hit hard tomorrow, so we're prepared for that.

We got the voicemail this afternoon, called DYFS after I got home from work, agreed to have the kids here, and had a mere hour to prepare the house! After they arrived with their social worker with literally the clothes (and diapers!) on their backs, we took them shopping for clothes for tomorrow (Wal-Mart and Payless, we thank you for being so nearby!), as well as to get food they like for breakfast and lunch. Luckily for us, Mike is on vacation through this week, so he'll be home with the baby while I work. He has plans to be out of town this weekend, I'm hoping to get Friday off of work and have Lisa stay with me that night to lend a helping hand. Next week we'll have to get the baby into daycare.

We're feeling shocked, I think, as we have been suddenly thrown into parent-hood, but we're so, so genuinely thrilled and content. We just keep looking at each other and saying "this is what we were meant to do!". God is good, His timing is perfect, and even if these aren't the kids that will stay with us permanently, they're our kids for now, ours to love, care for, listen to, talk with, laugh with, expose to nwe things, discipline and teach. We are so lucky.

So good night to you from a very full Andrejczyk house!
Love
Becky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's great! What a treat these kids have awaiting them. living in your house :-) Thanks for serving the Lord in this way!

Anonymous said...

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers today as parenthood has struck:)

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! I am so happy for you guys! Woohoo!

Kim said...

YAY! I'm excited for you guys and praying for you as you make this huge, but totally awesome transition! God is good!

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you and pray that today went good :)I wish I were closer to help out!