Today Mike and I decided to drive out to Pheonixville, PA to see Valley Forge Christian College, which is where I grew up until we moved to MA in the third grade. Dad was a professor at the school, Mom stayed home and raised us, and I have some pretty great memories of life on a college campus. Of course, when you return as an adult, things have changed, and the huge sledding hill you thought was wild and crazy turns out to be only a small rise, nothing to get excited over, but still, it was great to return to my roots. I read recently that there are two things we should give our children, Roots and Wings. I like that.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Saturday Fun
Today Mike and I decided to drive out to Pheonixville, PA to see Valley Forge Christian College, which is where I grew up until we moved to MA in the third grade. Dad was a professor at the school, Mom stayed home and raised us, and I have some pretty great memories of life on a college campus. Of course, when you return as an adult, things have changed, and the huge sledding hill you thought was wild and crazy turns out to be only a small rise, nothing to get excited over, but still, it was great to return to my roots. I read recently that there are two things we should give our children, Roots and Wings. I like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how small everything looks- the porch, the tree...! This brings back sooo many memories...that's the first tree I learned how to climb...and the first place I learned what a locust was...and retreated from the heat of summer by sitting on the cool moss under bushes that used to be along the house...
Thank you for sharing these photos, Bex!! I couldn't access it on my phone- we're too cheap to pay the extra for picture mail. But at least I got to see them here! Thanks!!
love
Ginny
That's the tree I fell out of! NO way! And the porch where I held VBS for my friends and sisters and hid under in a "fort" of sorts (remember when Mom threw the flaming pan across the porch and into the leaves?)...miss the Hemlock tree in the corner and the big bushes. So many fond memories of that yard...Mom's garden (remember all the canning we used to do?) and wiffle ball games with Dad...hot wheels on those wide sidewalks...eating onion grass. Oh, man. I miss that place.
Seriously, good memories! I think Sister Retreat 2008 if in this area should include a sister trip to VFCC. It was pretty theraputic, I must say. Though being on campus without Dorney, Wes, Rebecca and Calvin Pincombe was a bummer. And remember that one babysitter we hated...what was her name...Jodi? And Uncle Craig's dog who got sprayed by the skunk? And taking our red wagon to the paper place and getting free pads of paper? Aaaahhh...good times, good times.
You guys are so great at taking pictures and sharing them here! It's neat to see a part of your past.
Post a Comment