My husband is home.
He arrived tired but happy at about 4:00 on Friday afternoon. After leaving work, I met him at Urban and helped to do take-homes. The kids in my car were completely wiped out from the trip, said they had a great time and wanted to tell me about it, but they all fell asleep during the 20 minutes it took to get back to 6th and Ferry. Poor things! Mike and I will be working on posting pics and stories together over the next week or so. Just know they had a great, safe spring break trip!
Today was spent totally relaxed. I was actually up before my husband this morning (which hasn't happened on a Saturday in a loooong time - he got into the routine of getting up and going to the beach to read the paper and drink his coffee when we lived in Lynn, and me, well, I just like to sleep in!), so I unpacked for him and started 5 loads of laundry. Not all his from the trip, mind you. (Makes me wonder how much I'm going to do when we have kids, though!) The rest of the day he relaxed and caught up on missed TV (Smallville and Gilmore Girls, mostly!), caught some NCAA games, went for a walk/run with me (despite being on the verge of getting sick and being over-tired, he knocked out 2 miles like it was nothing. Meanwhile, I started to realize today that running just may not be my thing. It's really rough on the old hip and lower back. I'm going to start hitting the rowing machine at the gym and see how that goes.) I spent the day switching our winter clothes for spring and organizing his closet and dresser...and trying on last year's clothes to make sure they still fit. Including the bikini I haven't worn in three years. Hence the sudden urge to go running. No more explanation needed there.
Overall... a great day of just being home together. I'm going to sign off now and return to my spot on the couch, head on my husband's chest, contented smile on my face.
My husband is home.
3 comments:
Can I just say what a wonderfully intellegent and well spoken/written daughter I have!! Wow Becky! I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures you post! Thanks, Mom
Welcome home Mike! I'm happy to hear the trip went well and look forward to more stories and Pics.
I'm glad to hear you guys had a great day home to - just being together!
aahhh...I can relate to that feeling! Glad he's home and all is right with your world :-)
Post a Comment