Monday, January 28, 2008

Training Day One

Today was my first day of official Navy Seals training. After a grueling weekend of extreme soreness from my testing workout on Friday (the level of pain attesting to my level of out-of-shape-ness), I was glad to get back in the gym. Though I did dread it all day long. Especially after my workout buddy announced to our ENTIRE team today how long it took me to do the mile and a half on Friday. Ah-hem. Thank you, Sharon. Well, if anything, it adds accountability to this on the work-end, too. (And I have promised to kick her butt in arm wrestling at the end of all of this.)

Day One looked like this:
(After being trained on how to use the machines)
-5 mins of cardio warm up on the bike (whilst talking to my boss Angela who is the most fit 50 year old I've ever seen)
-Shoulder Press machine
-Dips
-The French Press...otherwise known as the Skull Crusher
-Chest Press machine
-Row/Pull Bar machine thingy
-Crunches
-Sit ups
-Walk/Jog 1 mile

I will have you know it took me 14 1/2 minutes to do the mile, and I jogged quite a bit, so I'm sticking to saying Friday's 37 mins was a total fluke. This time I had my trusty iPod and blasted Mary J's "Work it Out", which I did. Work it out, I mean.

And get this...I sweated. Real, dripping, icky sweat. Man, that felt good!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You my dear friend crack me up! I'm so happy that you are doing this and cant wait for you to run the race. I miss you like crazy and love you lots!!

Sara said...

Way to go Becky! I'm doing the gym thing not the Navy Seal Extreme thing - but I'm doing Body Pump and it's totally kicking my fanny. I wish you the best. . . keep "Workin it out"!