Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Am I boring you yet?

This pic relates a funny story...after the conference was over we had added on a few days of vacation time "on us" and decided that Saturday to rent a car and drive to see the Hoover Dam. No biggie, booked one from the hotel, they came and picked us up, all set. It's never that easy with us. Suffice it to say, here we were walking along at 11:00 a.m. in the already seriosly SCORCHING heat along the side of the highway to get to a rental place that actually takes debit cards. (Enterprise says they do, but, in fact, they don't.) We live credit card free, so once in a while, we end up having to go out of our way. I took this picture as I tagged along behind Michael because I was struck at how far our marriage had come...a year earlier and we would have been screaming at each other and just gone back to the hotel...and here we were laughing about it. Yay us!
On the way to the Hoover Dam, the road opens up and you catch your first glimpse of Lake Mead. We did the obligatory stop at the tourist area for pics. It was H O T.
See what I mean?!
From atop the Hoover Dam.
I love museums. I love museums. I love museums.

No comments: