Monday, November 26, 2007

After Thanksgiving

We're home and back at work today after a wonderful weekend home in MA with family and friends for Thanksgiving! It's always so difficult for me to leave my sisters and come back home to Jersey. I realize that I still refer to MA as home, and also to NJ as home...sort of caught between the two worlds still. Not sure if that will ever change!

We were happy to spend so much time with our families and to see friends as well. Thurs and Friday we spent with family celebrating Thanksgiving and Saturday we spent the day in Boston. I was so glad to go to my favorite Hot-Pot restaurant in Chinatown where Jenny and I go every year for our birthdays. It wasn't the same without her (she wasn't able to go home to MA for the holidays because she's going to Italy instead), but with Mike, Brent, Jose, Matt, Ginny and DD there we had a great time!

This Thanksgiving I was particularly thankful for the strong familial and friend bonds that I share with my sisters, brothers in law and a few friends that keeps us together no matter the distance or length of time in between get-togethers. We truly are a blessed couple to be surrounded by so many kind hearted and loving people!

And now it's back to work and reality!
-

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and so sad that I missed Shabu Zen!! Ok, so next summer for sure we need to meet up in Boston for the Day and do our Birthday Celebration on our half birthdays???? What do you think about that idea?
I miss you and love you lots. Talk to you soon :)