It's been a few postings since I've updated on what's going on in the Andrejczyk household. So here it is:
1. Mike has discovered Facebook and is online almost every minute he is home adding friends, leaving messages and joining groups. I've been on Facebook for months now, and I JUST recently hit the 100 Friends mark, after much work, I should say. My husband, on the other hand, in a matter of 3 days, is over the 100 mark. Mr. Popular.
2. I had a super-stressful day at work on Monday, and my sweet husband sent me flowers. After five years, still pulls out the romance card now and again!
3. Despite my crazy Monday, I am really enjoying my job. This week the first round of candidates that I've scheduled have been coming in for their interviews and it's been fun getting to put a face with the name. I'm sincerely hoping to get hired for this position by Campbell's.
4. We are ashamed of the Patriots. Disappointed in Bill Belicheck. And yet we will be hosting a football party at our place to watch them on Sunday. Faithful to the end!
5. Last Friday night we went to Chris and Kim DeStratis' house for their monthly Game Night get-together. Our UrbanPromise friends Ros and Lisa came with us. We had a really good time just hanging out, getting silly playing Cranium and some other strategy game and talking. It ws the first time since we've moved that I've had a full-out, tears running down my face, couldn't catch my breath laugh...and it felt good!
6. My friendship with Ros continues to deepen. It's amazing to have a friend who just gets me, who makes me feel like I've known her forever, who asks questions about me, my life, and who I am and challenges me to think. She's a great lady, and a huge reminder of the gentle and detailed way that our Father cares for us. I've also made a good friend at work, Elisabeth, we worked in the Legal Dept. together. We're doing lunch together and chatting a few times a week, it's fun!
7. Mike is beginning After School Program on 9/24 (I think!). The new fall interns are here (there aren't many of them) and will be assigned their camps after the camping trip they're on right now. Intern Director Brent decided to wait and assess personalities before assigning them to Directors, which is very wise. Mike is getting excited to start up and has plans to make some home visits and calls to kids to rally them up for program. He also passed his CDL license test and now has his permit and went driving the other day in one of the big school buses. He's getting fingerprinted today and will take the official driving test in a few weeks. I'm actually kinda jealous that he's going to be a bus-driver...long time dream of mine. (I'll leave that up to you, the reader, to determine the level of sarcasm there.)
8. My sisters and I have scheduled our yearly Sister Retreat for October, which I cannot wait for. We're going applepicking and other fine New England fall traditional activities. So excited!
9. My training for the Half Marathon is moving along. With the encouragement and accountability of my husband and work-out partner, I've been keeping to a pretty regular schedule. I'm taking it super-slow as I don't have any foundation to build upon. So I'm walking/running for 30 minutes every other day. It's the "walk for two minutes, run for 1, walk for two, run for two" plan, otherwise known as the "Couch-Potato to Half-Marathoner" plan. Seriously. I'm excited by my progress and hoping my heart and lungs get used to it quickly.
10. We're still missing our Meemaw and feeling the absence of her in our lives. Not much more I can say on that.
11. We're looking to get a second car. It pains me to think of it, but with our schedules, we're really going to need to do something. I'm working M-Th 8:30-5:30, F 8:30-1 and Mike will work 11ish-7ish. He'll need to get to UrbanPromise HQ on the East side of town to pick up his bus, then drop it off each night and come home. So if he drops me at work in the morning and takes the car, that leaves me at work until 7 or 8 when he can get back. Ick. Other option is for us to go early together and get the bus then me take the car to work and meet him at UP later when he's done, but there's no where for him to park the bus for the morning. So even though we both live and work in the same city finally, and lived with one car for the last 3 years, we're going to need another car now. We've been looking around for a beater under $1000, which aren't that hard to come by in NJ.
12. This weekend we are having dinner at the Newhall's, going to the local Farmer's Market, checking out a new pub in Camden before I have to go there with my work group in a few weeks, checking out a church (finally) called "The River" in NJ, having our football get-together, moving furniture around, getting haircuts and grocery shopping. Should be nice and relaxing.
13. We're still feeling like we're in the right place! We love living in Camden and are both in jobs that we enjoy and are surrounded by good, good friends. We miss our families a lot, especially the Winchells whom we got used to living next door too, but are feeling settled in and content.
That's about it!
2 comments:
Wow. Very informative little blog entry you got going right there. Thanks for all the updates.
I know what you mean about missing your Meemaw, I miss my gramp and find myself thinking about him at some of the most random times. It's hard but I know he's in a much better place.
Having friends that just "get you" is always a plus. ;) I've gots a few of them myself, and love them to pieces.
I miss you two like crazy. Sad I won't see you this Christmas for our annual getting lost in Boston day! Ohh what will Chinatown do with out us this year? Must make it up in the summer time I guess. maybe we should all shoot for going up around the 4th and sitting our butts at the Charles next year?
Hope you enjoy your relaxing yet busy weekend!
Love ya
Great Blog entry chica! Love it :)
I second Jenny's vote to go to the 4th. I really think all three of you should. FUN!!! You know I'll be there.
Post a Comment