Words from Robin's email: "The whole experience was just so emotional and even spiritual. I learned a lot about who I am--I learned I am stonger than I thought. I think we all are. In a world that can seem so evil and mean it was just so wonderful to see so many people doing something great. Everyone-the walkers, crew, staff, the town police, the town people who handed out water in front of their houses and the people who came out to cheer us on were just amazing."
When I have pictures of my brother-in-law, Jason's ride for the Jimmy Fund, I'll post them. I"m really inspired by people who put themselves through challenging situations to raise money for good causes. I think when I run the 1/2 marathon in Philly next fall, I'll do it for a cause, maybe UrbanPromise, maybe Ripple Effect (Missy & Jason's non-profit)...I'll have to think on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment