Last night we went down to Atlantic City for a few hours on the spur of the moment. We had been out to dinner with Ros and over coffee started thinking about what else we could do, when Mike said something about AC, I said I'd actually like to go see it sometime, and Ros declared we were going right then and there. So we did! We called up our buddy Josh and hit the road. The drive is barely an hour and a half from Camden. We arrived around 9:30pm and stayed until 4:30am. (Every once in a while we do something spontaneous and I'm reminded that there are some good benefits to not having children right now...though having a family would obviously FAR outweigh the spontaneous moments.) We drove down the "strip" to check it out a bit then parked at Bally's and spent most of the night at Caesars and Bally's. We took two nice long walks down the legendary boardwalk and checked out the (free) beach, it really was beautiful. Mike and I got a kick out of seeing this "mini-Vegas" after having just been in Vegas a few months ago (was it really that long ago?!?). We plan to go back sometime when the Pier is open so we can check out the amusement park and all of the many, many outlet stores. On the way home we stopped at the only 24 hour diner in the Camden area for an early-morning breakfast and arrived home just before 6am. Overall, a very fun night with two very fun friends, and even though we were at casinos, it was just fun to be out doing something different.
So, see, we are still young and can still be spontaneous! Good for us, I say!
2 comments:
Ha! That's great! I am so happy that you did somthing fun and spontaneous. I am sure it was refreshing and exhausting all at the same time.
Party Animals!! Glad you guys had a good time with some cool people.
Post a Comment