Yes, it's true! The producers of the show saw the 20/20 special that aired a few months ago that was focused on Camden and UrbanPromise, and they are coming to Camden on Sunday to build a house for one of the kids' families featured on 20/20. Yes, ladies, Ty Pennington is going to be here, live and in the flesh! Things are super crazy around Urban right now as preparations are being made for the headquarter buildings to be taken over by ABC and the contractors. We are still waiting to hear if we're going to have to move out of our temporary Urban house tomorrow (if so, we'll be moved by ABC at their expense by professional movers and can go into our new apartment in Camden, so it would actually work out great to have it get done by someone else!).
The excitement level is crazy high right now. We are praying that the people involved in the show are touched and challenged by what they see in Camden, and mostly that they experience the love of Christ and sense the Holy Spirit everywhere they go this week. Join with us in prayer as about a billion people will see this show when it airs (I'm not sure when that is yet)...this could be huge not only for UrbanPromise, but for the city itself. I hope we get out of God's way for the changes that He may bring through this.
A quick post and then I'm offline for all of next week as I won't be able to get into the building to use the computer. I might have access at work next week, we'll see. I'm still just the filing girl. :-)
Mike is doing well at camp, they had a special outing to a team-building camp today, and tonight he and his interns are on their way out for a night of pizza, swimming and mini golf. I'm staying home to pack, just in case.
Oh, and in case anyone is a cynic like me...ABC doesn't tell the families that they are coming to build them a house...it really is a complete surprise. I always thought there was no way they could keep it a secret from the families, but they do! Proven wrong once again!
1 comment:
Wow! That is really exciting!!! Professional movers totally rock. We've been moved by them twice...and I just had to make sure they didn't put the kids in a box!!
Make sure to tell us when they air it! The kids always watch AFV but we'll let them stay up to watch "the house show" that night.
Post a Comment