I can't believe we're into July already! Time really has begun to fly by since the kids joined our household. I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted to the blog until I got a "Hey...you guys still alive?" Facebook post from my friend Kelly Sue. So, here I am, trying to get a quick one posted while at work.
Here's an overview:
-Summer camp started yesterday at UrbanPromise! Mike has had a great turnout of kids so far and is happy with the team of interns and streetleaders who have been assigned to him for the summer. J is attending our sister camp and so far LOVES it! She even joined the basketball league and will get to play twice a week.
-F is doing great at daycare, despite his meltdowns every morning when I leave him. If anyone has suggestions on how to make the drop-off transition easier, please chime in! His verbal skills have greatly improved, though it's still a lot of gibberish, he's been learning new words and is more apt to repeat what we say, which is fun. He can now identify his facial features, hands, fingers, toes, knees, tummy etc. It's the cutest thing in the world!
-We are LOVING parenthood. Every little bit of it.
-If you remember, pray on Wednesday, 7/9, as the kids' mom has her court date. We're assuming custody will be determined at this point. We want what is best for the kids and from what we've learned from what J has shared with us, going home to mom isn't it. Pray that the judge will make the right decision for them. A bit of me feels selfish in even saying that because we are in love with these children and want them to stay as long as possible, but mostly we just want them to have the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty and drug addiction that runs rampant in their family.
-I'm enjoying my new job. I've been blessed with a wonderful boss, I really can't describe how refreshing the change is. I'm picking up on the work and the new technical systems slowly but surely, and working to build relationships with my team. School is going well, entering week 5.
This weekend is a long one for the holiday, so I think we'll try to get as many fireworks sightings in as we can and just enjoy what could possibly be our last weekend together.
That's it for now!
3 comments:
good update. I'm gonna let you choose a time for us to hang since you know your schedule better than me. Also, check out another foster parents' story here... http://thebalassaitisfamily.blogspot.com/ We met them through my softball team.
Yay! You're alive! :) Just kidding. Every parent knows what you now know...keeping up with things outside of work and home is sometimes in the realm of impossible. So glad to read so much of your happy news. Good for you for handling 2 billion changes all at once...and coming out still with your characteristic grace and calm. How DO you do it?!
Updated our blog today, too. Am avoiding more packing as much as possible today. It's terrible. Back to packing china now...
Love you!
Thanks for the update :-) Glad you're enjoying motherhood! I will be praying for the trial...let us know what happens.
Oh, and the best way to curb separation meltdowns is to just beat it out of there. The workers are probably very experienced at handling them, and the longer you hang around, the harder it makes it on everyone. I know that sounds cruel but if you stay it's just putting off the inevitable.
Post a Comment