Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life Update

Thought I'd take a few minutes and try to give an update on what's going on in the Andrejczyk household recently. Some of these points will be rambling thoughts, but you might enjoy them anyway!

-I interviewed yesterday for a permanent position with the Campbell Soup Company. This would allow me to work directly for the company instead of being a contracted employee through Kelly Services. The position is an Executive Admin. job in HR supporting the North American FoodServices Vice President and her team...a big job that would expose me to many different facets of HR and allow career advancement. They're anxious to get someone started and will be making a decision within a few days.

-I've realized and come to grips with the truth that I will need to act as bread-winner/provider for our family for the next many years, so in that vein, I've decided to go full-force into the corporate world. I'll be working towards completing a bachelor's and getting further in Human Resources.

-Mike is keeping busy with things at his afterschool program and still loving every minute of it. I've had the opportunity to participate in some of their special events and was happy to host some of his girls at our house for a sleep over recently. They're winding down for the year, ASP ends next week, then they'll break for a few weeks to prepare for summer, then it's straight in the crazy summer program schedule. This means Mike will work a more "normal" schedule and be home earlier in the evenings, which will be a treat!

-We have a possible opportunity to give back to my youth pastor from high school by hosting his daughter at our house for the summer while she volunteers with UrbanPromise. We're excited not only to get to know her better, but to be a part of what we're sure will be a life-changing summer for her!

-We're still waiting news that we're on the official adoption waiting list. This should happen any time now. Any time. Parenthood is looming very close!

-I'm hoping to host a BBQ over Memorial Day weekend in our backyard before the mosquitos come out in full force for the summer and we're unable to step outside without getting eaten alive. Aaah...the joys of living on the water!

-This weekend we're heading to Lynchburg, Virginia for the wedding of one of Michael's former high school students. We're thrilled to be able to be a part of his special day and to get away together for a weekend. Mike has the end-of-the-year ASP All-Nighter Friday night (where they literally make the kids stay awake ALL NIGHT) so I'm assuming I'll be doing the driving on Saturday!

-In case you haven't heard, I have the most amazing sisters in the world. Melissa just got (pre) accepted to the perfect PhD program at UMass Boston, Ginny was just honored with a huge award this week at Med. School, and DD continues to shine in her new management role at work. They amaze me with their talent and drive!

-Michael joined me yesterday in the midst of my work/interview day at the Bright Horizons daycare center here at Campbell's for a tour. I've been through the facility before, but this was Mike's first time to check it out. It's a lovely place, open to the company's employees and contractors only, and they have us on the infant waiting list! It's crazy to think that we'll be parents soon, even crazier to think that we'll have to use full-time day care. I'm struggling with that, with not being able to stay home which was always a dream of mine, but loving the idea of having our child here at work with me.

-Our friendships with people here continue to deepen. We are so grateful for the supportive and loving friends we've found here.

-Still haven't settled into a church but have checked out Tenth Presbyterian in Philly a few times and like it.

-With the possible summer boarder, we'll have to re-arrange the bedrooms upstairs, again, so if that happens, I'll have new pics to post for your enjoyment!

I think that pretty much covers things for us right now!

1 comment:

Sara said...

woah! busy busy and lots o changes! keep up the good work Beck!! Love ya