Though we enjoyed an absolutely lovely day exploring Baltimore city, the Red Sox did lose. It was ugly, my friends, and we ended up leaving after the top of the seventh. I must say, though, win or lose, it's such a great experience at Camden Yards that it's well worth it! And I didn't even have to bring out the book I had brought along! (Yes, it's true, I have actually brought a book and read during a Sox game before...they just get to be so loooonnggg and booorrinnngg...what's a girl to do?)
We had a great low-key day of watching the Patriots (Mike) and cleaning/doing laundry/paying bills (me) yesterday. Our friend Brent came over to hang out and watch the game which is always fun. I'm just ready for this humidity to break, and happy to be bundled up in a sweater at work today! Aaahh...the perks of office life!
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend, even though the Red Sox didn't win. I'm glad you guys could go for a little get-away!
Cheers to air conditioned office world!
love,
g
Hmmm...I guess I should have said we left at the bottom of the seventh, which is technically at the end of the top of the seventh. My husband will be mortified at my mistake. :-)
psst -- mid-seventh.
or "we left at the seventh inning stretch"
so many options for phraseology...and yet I still must make dinner...
;-)
Post a Comment