We're home from MA and I'm back at work today. As it turns out, today is actually Mike's last day of vacation before he returns to work on Wednesday. The interns don't arrive until the 12th, so they have a pretty long few days before the work really begins. I feel a little badly that he didn't really have a relaxing vacation between all the travelling and two funerals, but what can you do. That's life!
We enjoyed a good weekend back home in MA this weekend. The celebration service for Sharon on Saturday morning was amazing. They involved all of the pastors in the service, the choir sang twice (and during the second song, the Spirit of God was there so strongly everyone was on their feet just worshipping Him), there were two solos, letters from her husband, oldest son and mom which were read by the pastors...everything was just so lovely and right. The atmosphere was one of mourning our loss of her, but also of truly celebrating her good and righteous life and her home-going. Proverbs 31 was read and related to her life and it was challenging to the rest of us women to have a real-life example of being a Godly woman...made me take stock of my life and my actions and want to do better. It was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful life well-lived for the glory of God.
We spent the rest of the day on Saturday with Mike's family at his brother's house. Bob's wife Nayara made a great lunch of ribs and potatoes and more and we were so glad to be able to just relax and enjoy each other. Later, we went to the Parker's house to hang out with the kids (Mike is like an uncle to them) and back to Bob and Nayara's to sleep. Sunday we met my mom for breakfast, went to the Liberty city church Dream Center for church to see Amanda and the DeStratis' (I won't say anything about our impressions of the church, it wasn't good, let's leave it at that), lunch at "Moe's" with Jason, Erin, baby Mitchell and my sister DD, a quick hello to the Winchells in Elm Park, then hung out with DD until we hit the road at 9pm. All in all, a great weekend!
Yesterday we had a dinner party and invited the other UP Directors over. Josh, Ros and Lisa came and we had such a fun night. I made lasagna, Lisa brought the wine, and Ros made "Buttery Nipples" for everyone (butterscotch Schnappes and Bailey's). It was refreshing to reconnect with them after being away.
And today, I'm back at work (and obviously not that busy!). I'm praying for a better week health-wise so I can focus on my work.
There's nothing too exciting going on this week, but I'll find something to post about again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment