It's true, today is Mike's last day of summer camp! It's crazy how quickly the six weeks went! That means we've been in Camden for seven weeks already! In many ways, because we feel so at home, it feels like it's been much longer, in a good way.
I'll have to have Mike post sometime soon to tell you more about what his summer has been like. I am very rarely at camp, so all I can tell you is what I hear from him, and it would be so much better to hear it directly from the Camp Freedom Director himself!
Yesterday was Urban's "All-Camp Day" where all of the camps (6 in total?) compete for the ultimate prize...the Golden Crate. (It's a plastic crate spray-painted gold and filled with candy and is considered the "it" prize.) The camps were judged on their mascot (Freedom had one of their StreetLeaders dress as a baby and arrive in a spray-painted white and decked out grocery cart/stroller), their participation in games and cheering, winning the games, and their Camp Song (which are original songs each camp writes themselves). It sounds like Freedom has a pretty good chance of winning, they'll find out today. You can see videos of previous All Camp Days by going to YouTube and typing in "UrbanPromise" and looking for them (if I had more time at work I'd figure out how to post it here).
This weekend should be nice and quiet...after work today I'm going to see the new rooms that Extreme made over in the Urban building, then we're going to get our car insurance going. Tonight is our date night, dinner at home ("Cold Southwestern Corn and Shrimp Soup", from "everyday food") then going to see the new "Ultimatum" movie. Tomorrow is RMV day to get our car's new plates and our new licenses, and Sunday we're going to check out a church we've heard great things about, 10th Presbyterian in Philly (www.tenth.org). Should be nice and relaxing!
Oh- and we joined the fitness center at Campbell's yesterday. We're going to stop by this afternoon and use it for the first time. I told one of the trainers about my running goal and she's really excited to help me get ready for it.
I'll have Mike post over the weekend! And when the interns all get home next week, they'll be emailing pics of the summer, which I'll organize and post for you, too.
2 comments:
Let me know how you like Tenth Presbyterian. I went back in January (I think) and enjoyed it. Phil Ryken is a great preacher. Be sure to get there early or you'll be in the overflow room watching of closed circuit TV.
MMmmmm...jealous of your 10th Pres visit...do tell! I have one of Ryken's books and we are big fans of the late James Boice, who was the pastor there forever....
Post a Comment