Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to MA for the Weekend


At about 2:00 am tomorrow (Saturday) morning we'll be heading out for Worcester, Ma for two days. We're coming home to attend the funeral service of Sharon Condon at First Assembly on Saturday morning. Just as Sharon went home last weekend, in a smaller way, this weekend will be a bit of a homecoming for us, a chance to see old friends and aquaintences. Saturday we plan to spend with Mike's family as well, which I'm really excited about It's always good to hang out with the Andrejczyk clan-you can count on lots of laughing and crazy antics by his sister, Kelly!

I've been in a bit of a funk since we've been home from Kansas. I've as of yet not been able to identify exactly what my problem is, but here are some possibilities:
1. My Meemaw passed away.

2. I was faced with the truth of my lack of staying in touch with Meemaw over the years, which I was obviously aware of, but when faced with the smallest pile of letters she saved from us, there's no denying it.

3. I am still really bummed that I didn't get to play for her one last time.

4. My wisdom tooth is falling apart/rotting in my mouth and it's been near impossible to find a dentist who does emergency care in the area.

5. I'm working in Corporate America.

6. I'm working in Corporate America while living in Camden. Enough said.

7. I've been getting very sick every day for a week. It hits me about 2 or 3pm and I get very woozy, dizzy, naueseous and have been sick many times in the ladies room. Ick.

8. I go home to a wonderful husband who is on vacation but has been doing all of the cooking, cleaning and laundry all week...dinner is literally on the table when I get home, which is amazing. But even with all that, I have been really struck this week by the absence of children in our home. The silence in our house is palpable.

9. We heard from friends in Lynn who had begun their adoption process at the same time we did that they're in the last stages. We had to stop our process completely when we moved.

I think that's enough. I'll get through this funk by the grace of God and my dependence on Him. I actually hope not too many people read this post this time. Maybe I should get myself a journal....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK so I have to ask the obvious question...

are you pregnant?

Rebecca said...

Unfortunetly, no. And after five years of trying, that's not even a possibility that crosses my mind anymore. :-( Must be something else...maybe early menopause? lol

Jenny said...

God's got some amazing plans for the two of you. I don't know, it could be adoption or natural but you will be amazing parents for sure. I can't wait to see your little ones grow up and be amazing little people of God. How exciting to think my best friend and her wonderful husband will be parents some day, hopefully soon. Bec, you were born to be a mom and a wonderful one at that. The way that you care for those around you! And Mike, what a great dad he will be, with his humor and sports and just a great man of God's word...Hope you have boys, hahaha. Just keep praying and staying focused, it will happen in time.
Love you both!
Miss you like crazy...next summer, meet in Boston??